The Somerset County Educational Services Commission in partnership with the Somerset County Vocational and Technical Schools proudly presents the Career Center!
Learning Lab Descriptions
Supermarket Careers Program
- Students train for entry-level supermarket and retail positions.
- Students work in a fully operational convenience sized ShopRite retail store.
- Students are trained for jobs in all retail departments including: cashier, produce, deli, bakery, courtesy, and grocery.
Power Equipment & Small Engine Technology
- Students learn how to repair and maintain equipment powered by small displacement engines such as tractors, generators, and motorcycles.
- First year students develop skills in using hand tools, operating four stroke engines, and servicing spark plugs.
- The advanced students learn to troubleshoot problems and understand two stroke theory, ignitions/fuel, and engine compression. Emphasis is placed on safety orientation throughout.
Graphic Arts & Design Program
- Students are introduced to the skills and applications in the areas of computer programming, hardware services, networking configurations, graphic design, desktop publishing, and marketing.
- Students learn many skills by experiencing hands-on activities involving design, creation, and advertising of various products.
Life Skills Program
- This program offers students, grades K-12+, crucial independence skills that will facilitate their transition from school to life.
- Learned skills include personal/social, hygiene, cooking, clothing care, and functional academics.
(Programs available in 3 eighty minute sessions: Morning, Midday, and Afternoon
Students will be eligible to earn elective credits)
For more information please contact:
Principal: Dr. Paul C. Rafalowski
Office: (908) 707-0070 ext. 100
Fax: (908) 707-2440
Email: [email protected]